Your home’s heating system is designed to last a long time, but it can eventually wear out and need to be replaced. Before that happens, you may notice some tell-tale signs that your Yardley heating system is nearing the end of its lifespan.
How to Tell That It’s Time to Replace Your Heating System
- Your furnace should get your home to an appropriate temperature, and then the system should shut itself off unless the temperature changes and the system needs to make an adjustment. If the furnace keeps cycling, or turning on and off, that may mean that it needs repairs or that the furnace is not an appropriate size for your house.
- If the temperature is dramatically different from one room to another, that may mean that your furnace is not the right size for your home. You may have to upgrade to a new system.
- You shouldn’t have to adjust the thermostat very often. If you have to change the setting frequently, your HVAC system may be operating inefficiently because of years of wear and tear.
- Your heating system should run quietly. If it begins to make unusual sounds, that may mean that the system needs to be cleaned or that a part needs to be replaced, or it may indicate that you will have to install a new furnace soon.
- You may notice that your utility bills have been rising for no clear reason. If so, that may be a sign that your heating system is inefficient and may need to be replaced.
Schedule a Yardley Heating System Inspection
The weather is already turning cooler, and winter is right around the corner. If you have concerns about your heating system, contact Chud Air Conditioning, Heating, and Duct Cleaning. We can send a technician to your home to inspect the furnace and tell you if it needs repairs or if you should replace it.
If your HVAC system keeps breaking down and is approaching the end of its lifespan, you may be better off replacing it now than dealing with a series of repair bills and having to worry that it might fail in the middle of winter. Contact Chud today at (215) 659-4343 to schedule an inspection.