You rely on your home’s water heater to provide warm or hot water whenever you need or want it. The last thing you want is to look forward to a hot shower and instead face a blast of freezing water. If you’re experiencing a problem with your water heater, contact the Furlong plumbing and heating experts at Chud Air Conditioning, Heating, and Duct Cleaning.
Common Water Heater Problems
- If the water that comes out of a faucet or shower head is too hot or too cold, your water heater may need to be serviced. A technician can figure out if the problem is due to the power supply, thermostat, or heating element.
- Leaks are common and can have a variety of causes. The solution may be as simple as tightening a loose connection, or it may be necessary to replace the water heater.
- If water coming out of your faucets has a foul odor, it may be due to an accumulation of bacteria. You can try flushing and cleaning the tank. If that doesn’t help, have the water heater inspected.
- Rusty water is a sign that the water heater’s tank is corroding. We may be able to fix the problem in some cases, or we may need to install a new water heater.
- Sediment can build up and burn, which can cause a water heater to make strange noises. Flushing the water heater may solve the problem. If it doesn’t, the heating element may be failing, and you may need a new water heater.
Types of Water Heaters We Can Service
Our team has the training and experience necessary to inspect and repair many common water heaters, including gas and electric models, tankless versions, and commercial water heaters. If we discover that your existing unit is so damaged or worn out that it needs to be replaced, we can install a new unit. If you’re not sure which type to choose, we can explain the pros and cons of different types and models.
Schedule a Water Heater Inspection
If you have a problem with your water heater, contact Chud right away. You can also schedule an appointment for routine maintenance so we can detect and address problems early and help you avoid large and unexpected repair bills. Call (215)659-4343 to make an appointment.